The Way to Build A Recognizable Brand Identity
What’s in a Brand Manual?
1. Logo: It details all the variations and versions of your logo and how it will look in these different platforms, what it’s placement, sizes and white space will be.
2. Colors: The brand manual defines when and how to use each color. Which one is used for the text and which for the design elements? Which color is for the logo, and which is for the background to make it pop?
3. Typography: Typography covers how and when to use certain fonts, which typefaces are suitable, as well as guidelines for additional styling, size, and use of color.
4. Messaging: Your brand’s voice should be associated with its personality, mission, vision, values and target audience. You can start by identifying words you like and don’t like to be associated with. Then, decide what type of language fits your personality and your target audience.
5. Dos and Don’ts: Having “Do” and “Don’t” columns with specific items under each helps drive home the point and importance of following branding requirements.
Keep in mind that you’re also creating these guidelines for yourself and for your team too, as it’ll make design and marketing projects infinitely easier – and more fruitful!